Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas in Heaven

This is my favorite time of year!!   Filled with some much joy and happiness!   I love the lights, the colors, the smells, the tastes, the emotions.....everything about Christmas!   I've always been that way!   I get just excited about Christmas and all the traditions as my kids do I think!  However, this time of year, for some, brings a sadness with that joy (yes, its possible for them to both be there together!).  I kinda knew that, but never really got it until this year.  If you know me or have read my blog, you know this past year my sister lost her 6 month old to SIDS.   I can only imagine her pain, knowing my own and as a parent, hers would be much greater.   Its little things for me that trigger the sadness.  I know I was making cinnamon applesauce ornaments with my kids and after they dried, I was tying ribbon to hang them to the tree, well, one of the cookie cutters we used had little handprints....I started crying.   Certain commercials, certain sections of the store, certain songs, I could go on and on!   One day I caught myself in Walmart, and I have no idea how long I stood there, but there I was in a trance with stinging eyes staring at a toy..I so wanted to just buy it for her.   Its a ton of stuff like that you would never have thought for people would be hard until youve been through it or something even similiar.   It also makes me think of all the parents in Newtown, CT who lost all their kids.   My heart breaks for them!  I am sure that they all have toys already bought and wrapped and thats just unbearable.   OK..enough of the mopey writing.   So Ive been struggling...some days harder then others...but still.  Im my struggles, one day this past week I was just praying about it all.   I was just asking God to help me with this grief and to pass on my love and Christmas wishes to my sweet niece.    I got this great picture in my mind, that I do believe was Him answering my prayer.   My sweet niece, up in heaven, celebrating Christmas not just with love ones who are already there (My Nin, Mrs. Crabtree, Grandpa, a child I miscarried)...but with Jesus Christ Himself!!!   I have to admit, the scene in my mind made me a little jealous.   Even though I LOVE all the presents, lights, Elf on a Shelf, and Santa.....the whole reason of Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Christ and what that means to us as Christians.   Can you imagine the celebration they must all be having up there?!?!?!  I mean, seriously!  How can you not smile thinking about it!   I picture colors we dont even know exist, an ENOURMOUS tree, and SO MUCH LOVE AND SMILES AND HAPPINESS!!!   I know I have so many other friends and family who have had to go through grief too.  I know they like me, are struggling with the missed memories and memories passed.  However, not to take away from that (because I do think some of that is important) I want to really encourage you to just take a few minutes and picture that scene in your own mind.   Can you see the big grins?  Can you picture them lauging?  Dancing?   Can you picture the joyous celebration it just HAS to be, with Jesus Christ Himself?   I hope that that will help you and bring a smile to your face like it does to me!  There will be tears, I know, but try to let there be smiles too!  Let the joy of the season still shine through!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment